On the Farm

On the Farm

Sunday, September 12, 2010

This is what happens when there's a one year old in the house!!

Colby's spitfire Aunt Noma is so funny!

She just sent me a FB message telling me about trying to make apple dumplings, but the cards just weren't in her favor on this day....STORY OF MY LIFE, in the kitchen anyway!!

Last week I was making homemade Italian Beef Buns .... never again! The first batch I forgot that I had a 'dough' setting on my breadmaker and didn't get to it in time to take the dough out before it started cooking!....found it 1/2 cooked, and instead of just letting that cook for 45 minutes and make sandwich bread out of it, I actually took it out and threw it away so I could hurry up and start my second batch so Colby could eat by about 6:00.

The second batch I doubled the recipe.... but realized, when seeing the dough was 'watery' at the end of the kneading cycle, that I had forgot 1/2 way through putting my ingredients in the bread machine that I had doubled it....So the first 1/2 of the ingredients were doubled, and the second 1/2 put in were regular measurements for a single batch...ugh.....

The THIRD and final batch I doubled all the ingredients....except for the yeast! So, the buns were a bit flat, but still pretty good, when we finally were able to eat our sami's....at 9:00 at night!

This is what happens when you try to cook with a one year old in the house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment